[SOLVED] throubles connecting to web gui

jhd

Nov 21, 2013
Hello I was installed Proxmox VE 3.1 and every thing was ok, I have a virtual machine working in the system. But today the web gui stopped working In first instance the screen of the browser was in white (with the last version of java plugin installed), but after a reboot of the machine the web browser has no any connection wit the web server of proxmox. I tryed to restart the services: pve-manager, pvestatd and pvedaemon from /etc/init.d but when I launch the comamnds like:
Code:
[FONT=arial]/etc/init.d/pve-manager start[/FONT]
the console doesn't give me any information about whats happen. If I use the command without parammeters, the console doesn't give me the usage information, but with pvenetcommit or pve-cluster, is working like that:
Code:
[FONT=arial]root@proxmox:/etc/init.d# ./pvenetcommit[/FONT] [FONT=arial]Usage: /etc/init.d/pvenetcommit {start}[/FONT]
I tryed the conection with firefox, chrome and iexplorer in the url:
Code:
[URL="https://192.168.1.71:8006/"]https://192.168.1.23:8006/[/URL]
and when i use:
Code:
[FONT=arial]netstat -apn |grep 8006[/FONT]
I has no results any body knows what can be the problem? I was looking for in the forums but I didn't find any way to resolve the problem. thanks a lot! J.:.

Last edited:
Thanks m.ardito.
I cleaned all the cachés in browser, but the port 8006 of proxmox server is not listening.

And the system doesnt find pveversion command:

Code:
root@proxmox:~# pveversion -v
-bash: pveversion: command not found

I searched the binary "pveversion" but I have not found anything in the system.

Hello Spirit!
Thanks about your help.
#dpkg -l|grep pve
I`ll post down the result:

Code:
root@proxmox:~# dpkg -l|grep pve
ii  clvm                              2.02.98-pve4                  amd64  Cluster LVM Daemon for lvm2
ii  corosync-pve                      1.4.5-1                       amd64  Standards-based cluster framework (daemon and modules)
ii  dmsetup                           2:1.02.77-pve4                amd64  Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
ii  fence-agents-pve                  4.0.0-2                       amd64  fence agents for redhat cluster suite
ii  libcorosync4-pve                  1.4.5-1                       amd64 Standards-based cluster framework (libraries)
ii  libdevmapper-event1.02.1:amd64    2:1.02.77-pve4                amd64  Linux Kernel Device Mapper event support library
ii  libdevmapper1.02.1:amd64          2:1.02.77-pve4                amd64  Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
ii  liblvm2app2.2:amd64               2.02.98-pve4                  amd64  LVM2 application library
ii  libopenais3-pve                   1.1.4-3                       amd64  Standards-based cluster framework (libraries)
ii  libpve-access-control             3.0-7                         amd64  Proxmox VE access control library
ii  libpve-common-perl                3.0-8                         all  Proxmox VE base library
ii  libpve-storage-perl               3.0-17                        all  Proxmox VE storage management library
ii  lvm2                              2.02.98-pve4                  amd64  Linux Logical Volume Manager
ii  openais-pve                       1.1.4-3                       amd64  Standards-based cluster framework (daemon and modules)
ii  pve-cluster                       3.0-8                         amd64  Cluster Infrastructure for Proxmox Virtual Environment
ii  pve-firmware                      1.0-23                        all  Binary firmware code for the pve-kernel
ii  pve-kernel-2.6.32-26-pve          2.6.32-114                    amd64  The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
rc  pve-libspice-server1              0.12.4-2                      amd64  SPICE remote display system server library
rc  pve-manager                       3.1-21                        amd64  The Proxmox Virtual Environment
rc  pve-qemu-kvm                      1.4-17                        amd64  Full virtualization on x86 hardware
ii  redhat-cluster-pve                3.2.0-2                       amd64  Red Hat cluster suite
ii  resource-agents-pve               3.9.2-4                       amd64  resource agents for redhat cluster suite
ii  vzctl                             4.0-1pve4                     amd64  OpenVZ - server virtualization solution - control tools

rc pve-libspice-server1 0.12.4-2 amd64 SPICE remote display system server library
rc pve-manager 3.1-21 amd64 The Proxmox Virtual Environment
rc pve-qemu-kvm 1.4-17 amd64 Full virtualization on x86 hardware

theses package are uninstalled.

do you haved tried to install spice from debian repository or something like that ?

you can reinstall packages with

"apt-get install
pve-libspice-server1 pve-manager pve-qemu-kvm"

"apt-get install
pve-libspice-server1 pve-manager pve-qemu-kvm"

I tryed with the "apt-get install" and I had dependencies troubles, I had a look to /etc/sources.list and I didn't found the repository of proxmox:
Code:
# PVE pve-no-subscription repository provided by proxmox.com, NOT recommended for production usedeb [URL]http://download.proxmox.com/debian[/URL] wheezy pve-no-subscription

I added the lines and after apt-get update the installation works with any errors

Code:
root@proxmox:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d# apt-get install pve-libspice-server1 pve-man
er pve-qemu-kvm
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
pve-manager is already the newest version.
pve-libspice-server1 is already the newest version.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required
  ipxe-qemu libbrlapi0.5 libfdt1 libvde0 libvdeplug2 libxen-4.1 openbios-ppc
  openbios-sparc openhackware qemu-keymaps qemu-user qemu-utils seabios
  sharutils vde2 vgabios
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  pve-qemu-kvm
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
3 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/3,343 kB of archives.
After this operation, 9,001 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 63879 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking pve-qemu-kvm (from .../pve-qemu-kvm_1.4-17_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/pve-qemu-kvm_1.4-17_amd64.deb (
unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/man/man8/qemu-nbd.8.gz', which is also in pac
ge qemu-utils 1.1.2+dfsg-6a
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/pve-qemu-kvm_1.4-17_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

after that this is my "dpkg -l|grep pve"

Code:
ii  clvm                              2.02.98-pve4                  amd64  Cluster LVM Daemon for lvm2
ii  corosync-pve                      1.4.5-1                       amd64  Standards-based cluster framework (daemon and modules)
ii  dmsetup                           2:1.02.77-pve4                amd64  Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
ii  fence-agents-pve                  4.0.0-2                       amd64  fence agents for redhat cluster suite
ii  libcorosync4-pve                  1.4.5-1                       amd64  Standards-based cluster framework (libraries)
ii  libdevmapper-event1.02.1:amd64    2:1.02.77-pve4                amd64  Linux Kernel Device Mapper event support library
ii  libdevmapper1.02.1:amd64          2:1.02.77-pve4                amd64  Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
ii  liblvm2app2.2:amd64               2.02.98-pve4                  amd64  LVM2 application library
ii  libopenais3-pve                   1.1.4-3                       amd64  Standards-based cluster framework (libraries)
ii  libpve-access-control             3.0-7                         amd64  Proxmox VE access control library
ii  libpve-common-perl                3.0-8                         all  Proxmox VE base library
ii  libpve-storage-perl               3.0-17                        all  Proxmox VE storage management library
ii  lvm2                              2.02.98-pve4                  amd64  Linux Logical Volume Manager
ii  openais-pve                       1.1.4-3                       amd64  Standards-based cluster framework (daemon and modules)
ii  pve-cluster                       3.0-8                         amd64  Cluster Infrastructure for Proxmox Virtual Environment
ii  pve-firmware                      1.0-23                        all  Binary firmware code for the pve-kernel
ii  pve-kernel-2.6.32-26-pve          2.6.32-114                    amd64  The Proxmox PVE Kernel Image
iU  pve-libspice-server1              0.12.4-2                      amd64  SPICE remote display system server library
iU  pve-manager                       3.1-24                        amd64  The Proxmox Virtual Environment
ic  pve-qemu-kvm                      1.4-17                        amd64  Full virtualization on x86 hardware
ii  redhat-cluster-pve                3.2.0-2                       amd64  Red Hat cluster suite
ii  resource-agents-pve               3.9.2-4                       amd64  resource agents for redhat cluster suite
ii  vzctl                             4.0-1pve4                     amd64  OpenVZ - server virtualization solution - control tools

And the "pveversion -v" result:
Code:
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: not correctly installed (running kernel: 2.6.32-26-pve
pve-manager: not correctly installed (running version: 3.1-24/060bd5a6)
pve-kernel-2.6.32-26-pve: 2.6.32-114
lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
corosync-pve: 1.4.5-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.0-2
pve-cluster: 3.0-8
qemu-server: not correctly installed
pve-firmware: 1.0-23
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-8
libpve-access-control: 3.0-7
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-17
pve-libspice-server1: not correctly installed
vncterm: 1.1-4
vzctl: 4.0-1pve4
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: not correctly installed
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
glusterfs-client: 3.4.1-1

finally I reinstalled from scratch. thanks to all about the help. J.:.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!