The UI information is error

Jason123

Sep 11, 2018
HI,guys
last week, I have update my proxmox VE to 5.3.5. But I find some problem about this version.
In the "search" of "datacenter", I find that my vm's Disk Usage and Memory Usage are not correct. In here, I attach my picture.
ec1139966ce772afdc268e998e4d2a0.png

upload_2018-12-25_16-50-48.png
And I find that node state is right, but vm's status is uncorrected
I mean that why is not show vm's Disk usage. why vm's Memory usage is uncorrect?

Proxmox is not able to see the Disk Usage of an VM, this might be possible with the QEMU Agent but currently technically not possible. VMs are a full virtualization, so the node can not look into the VM. If you using CT then it is possible because it is not an Full virtualization.

With Memory it's the same, so every OS has its own Memory Management. Windows itself consumes most of the RAM for Caching before it use the swap File in the disk. For the Node it looks like the whole memory is in use but the OS running in the VM using it not complete or can free it up immediately when its needed.

You can install and activate the QEMU Guest Agent and see what happens with the Usage, this might be give you an cleaner view of the Memory Usage because the Node Can now see whats going on in the VM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!