The lvm disk used space not the same gparted show used space.

akong

Oct 15, 2018
My harddisk is 250G.I installed proxmox mail gateway.I check disk used with df -h command.

root@pmg:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev
tmpfs 394M 5.6M 389M 2% /run
/dev/mapper/pmg-root 206G 9.3G 186G 5% /
tmpfs 2.0G 16K 2.0G 1% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda2 511M 304K 511M 1% /boot/efi
tmpfs 394M 0 394M 0% /run/user/0

/dev/mapper/pmg-root 206G 9.3G 186G 5% /
It's only used 5%.
But I use gparted live want to resize.It's show I used 213G.What is used space is right?And I want resize to 100G.How to do it?

Not sure if I understand your question right - but do you want to reduce the size of the disk you use for PMG?

If yes - the simplest way is to create a backup of your PMG config via the GUI) install a new PMG, configure the same IP , and restore the backup

(one other option, which needs quite a bit of experience with Linux and the command line, would be to add another smaller disk to the PMG, create the partition table, lvm setup, filesystem you want, sync the install over, make sure to make the system bootable again - but as said - it's quite a bit more complicated and you don't gain much from it)

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!