TFA with Active Directory or FreeIPA

D0peX

May 5, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm curious if anyone could explain me. when adding LDAP or AD server as auth realm. There is the option for TFA:
upload_2018-6-2_19-34-20.png
Now,
How do I manage the OTP tokens for each user? Are they created in AD/LDAP or are they stored in proxmox (manually create them).

Bonus question:
Anyone maybe tried to get OAuth/OpenID working as a login method for Proxmox. I.e. Keycloak (link).

Hi,

In one system what we manage, we have Duo based 2fa. In this env, we implemented 2fa using with Duo Authentication Proxy, what basically connect to Active Directory, add duo based 2fa features, and providing LDAP, Radius, etc auth interface, what you can connect to your system. With this solution, we can integrate and enable 2fa all devices, even when the devices doesnt have this feauture (eq. old switches).

Proxmox also configured to use this proxy as an LDAP server.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!