TFA-enabled login currently works only with a TTY - Join Cluster

demonmaestro

Jan 31, 2020
I have TFA attached to the ROOT account and this is what was popping up when I tried to add another node to the cluster.
I did a search for this but they were using Certs.
Code:
TASK ERROR: TFA-enabled login currently works only with a TTY. at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/APIClient/LWP.pm line 99

Hello,I know that is old topic, but for future users I provide reply :)

Use command line if you are using TFA on main cluster device. Example:

Bash:
pvecm add <IP of master or Domain Name - if you are using SSL from LE> -link0 <your IPv4> -link1 <Your IPv6>

I follow your approach and could join the cluster. Now I cannot login to the "joining / slave node" anymore directly. The password is fine but the TOTP code is not accepted as valid. I have access to the root shell of the slave node via the master node, since the slave node is now part of the cluster. Anyone experienced this?

I follow your approach and could join the cluster. Now I cannot login to the "joining / slave node" anymore directly. The password is fine but the TOTP code is not accepted as valid. I have access to the root shell of the slave node via the master node, since the slave node is now part of the cluster. Anyone experienced this?
sorry - just saw it. I guess that is the normal behavior

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!