[SOLVED] [TAGS] Datacenter wide tag color override not applied to vms/lxc

fstrankowski

Nov 28, 2016
Hamburg
While testing the 'new' possibility of setting up tags for different categories we've stumbled upon the fact that when we setup tags on a datacenter level and color-override them accordingly, those tags are then available for selection on lxc/vms but the predefinied colors are not correctly applied.

I was not able to find a filed bug or any other thread here. Do others have the same problem? Is this known? Has there been a bug filed already?

Regards

P.S.: The erased parts of the image show confidental tag names which i cannot display here.

Attachments

• tags123.PNG
    tags123.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 33
  • tags234.PNG
    tags234.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 29
It seems to me that you didn't write it correctly. In the defaults everything is big and in the VM everything is small.

Reactions: fstrankowski
It seems to me that you didn't write it correctly. In the defaults everything is big and in the VM everything is small.
You've pointed me in the right direction. Even though we only use LARGE written tags, which are UNIQUE, we still have to select the "Case-Sensitive" option, even though we only use LARGE tags. This is kinda misleading but i'm happy that we've found out.

P.S.: By default, even though you only have LARGE tags available, Proxmox still inserts them in small letters when selected without "Case-Sensitive" enabled.

@ proxmox: You might wanna fix that one ;-)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!