Synchronization of Cloud-Init SSH Keys in Proxmox VE

a1360550545

Jan 16, 2024
Hello Proxmox Support Team,

I am currently using Proxmox VE and have a question about Cloud-Init. I understand that Cloud-Init is used to inject SSH keys into virtual machines during their initial boot. However, I noticed that when I remove the SSH key from the Proxmox interface after the VM has already been provisioned, the key still remains in the virtual machine upon subsequent boots.

Is there any way to automatically synchronize the removal of SSH keys in the Proxmox interface with the keys inside the virtual machine? My goal is to ensure that the SSH keys in the VMs remain synchronized with those managed in Proxmox VE.

I'd appreciate any guidance on how to achieve this synchronization, whether it's through custom scripts, additional Proxmox configuration, or some other method.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!