Sync last backup

jmjosebest

Renowned Member
Jan 16, 2009
Hello, I have a PBS server and I have 6 backups for each VM.

I recently installed a new PBS which I am synchronizing.

However, I'd like to synchronize only the latest backup from the original PBS, instead of all 6.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

yes, set the "transfer-last" option on the sync job.

Reactions: jmjosebest
Hi,
yes, you can use the --transfer-last option for the sync job (advanced options in the UI) or for a one-shot proxmox-backup-manager pull command (if you don't want to create a job):
Code:
Limit transfer to last N snapshots (per group), skipping others

Reactions: jmjosebest
Do I understand right, that "transfer last" still syncs the first full backup ever made and all increment data to perform a full restore of each N snapshot on the destination side?

there is no full backup on the PBS side - each snapshot references all chunks it needs.

I guess I understood it right but let me ask different:
Transfer last syncs all chunks even from the very beginning of the backup retention which are needed to be able to create the last snapshot?

transfer-last will sync all chunks needed for the snapshots it creates on the target side, just like any other sync.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!