Supporting the PVE Licensing Change

thesubmitter

Jun 5, 2012
I've been a user of PVE since v2 and at first I was taken aback by the change but after reading the truth behind, I think its a great move and I hope ProxMox benefits.

This is the strategy:

Business people "see unsupported/not for production" etc... and they panic and you tell them its 5$/month per machine to get "enterprise-ready" and then they compare to the alternatives and see proxmox is much cheaper/

Tech People panic at first then they see the at the PVE repo is the same as its always been and the enterprise repo is pretty much "older" stable (a la debian old stable?) packages then
they realize they are getting the samething with a different label.

So all you tech ppl here, help Proxmox out by telling the business ppl there is a subscription to pay now or if you are the boss then you already know the truth.

Its in all our interests that proxmox gets money so it continues to get better and wall reap the benefits.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!