Support Request: Failed at step NAMESPACE spawning

Apr 26, 2018
Proxmox 5.4, fully updated.

I am prototyping three Debian 10 containers.

In two of the systems I see the log spew noted in the thread title. In one system I don't.

Poking around the web indicates the solution is PrivateTmp=false. I configured all three systems with that parameter and performed systemctl daemon-reload. After invoking that change the one system stopped with the log spew while the other two continue.

The three containers are configured similarly. Likewise with the Proxmox hosts.

The log spew is triggered by logrotate.timer.

I could disable the systemd timer and rotate logs through cron.

Regardless of any work-arounds, I want to understand why two systems exhibit the error and one does not.

Thank you. :)

Try selecting the 'Nested' feature for the container (it should be available on the latest 5.4)

else please post the container configuration

I hope this helps!

I forgot to add in my original post that I had already tried nested.

Mysteriously, one of the systems stopped exhibiting the messages. There were full host reboots some days ago for kernel updates. All systems were rebooted.

I did find on the original behaving system the pve firewall was disabled. I enabled the firewall and I'll watch that system for a few days.

Which config files? There are no discerning differences in /etc/pve/lxc/xxx.conf files.

Keep us posted how it went!

Which config files? There are no discerning differences in /etc/pve/lxc/xxx.conf files.
Yes I meant the container config-files (/etc/pve/lxc/xxx.conf)

Of the three Debian 10 test systems, only one exhibits the error message.

Below are sanitized copies of two of the conf files.. I see no significant differences.

All /etc/pve/firewall/*.fw files are identical.

/etc/pve/lxc/506.conf
Public IP
Code:
#Debian 10
arch: amd64
cores: 1
hostname: www.xxxxxxx.xxx
memory: 2048
nameserver: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,gw=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,hwaddr=06:12:47:6C:AA:CD,ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/28,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: debian
rootfs: local-lvm:vm-506-disk-0,size=80G
searchdomain: xxxxxx.xxx
swap: 1024
lxc.apparmor.profile: lxc-container-default-with-nfs

/etc/pve/lxc/161.conf
Public IP
Exhibits error
Code:
#Debian 10
arch: amd64
cores: 1
hostname: server.xxxxxx.xxx
memory: 2048
nameserver: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,gw=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,hwaddr=92:36:6F:E0:E8:71,ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/28,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: debian
rootfs: local-lvm:vm-161-disk-0,size=120G
searchdomain: xxxxxx.xxx
swap: 1024
lxc.apparmor.profile: lxc-container-default-with-nfs

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!