Support for CephFS via NFS (NFS-Ganesha)

@alexskysilk
Thank you for the link.

You shall not debug my systems or google for me.
I just told about my problems and hoped that somebody had the same problems solved already.
Sometimes you get an answer, sometimes not.
Call it smalltalk.

How so? that's actually the preferred method as it will allow you to isolate the fileserver from your hypervisor; if you are not using proxmox for, well, proxmox- yes, by all means, use a different distro. remember, in this case both the proxmox node and vm act as guests for cephfs in the same manner.
I was talking about the fact that ceph supports nfs.
So why use another vm to expose cephfs via nfs when ceph+ganesha can do that ? Maybe just to have some isolation, but if everything is internal then i dont really see a problem using ceph+ganesha directly.

I was talking about the fact that ceph supports nfs.
So why use another vm to expose cephfs via nfs when ceph+ganesha can do that ? Maybe just to have some isolation, but if everything is internal then i dont really see a problem using ceph+ganesha directly.
Thats not how that works.

ceph does NOT support nfs.

nfs-ganesha has vfs object support for cephfs, which can be brought to bear from any cephfs connected guest- which can be your proxmox host, sure- but its not a good idea to use it for that.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!