Supermicro Server desperate to find a fix. Can't boot USB and install PVE

jliving207

Mar 28, 2021
Code:
mounting proc filesystem
mounting sys filesystem
commandline: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/linux26 ro ramdisk_size=16777216 rw quiet splash=silent nomodeset
loading drivers: intel_rng pata_acpi mac_hid uhci_hcd i2c_i801 ehci_pci serio_raw psmouse pcspkr kvm_intel intel_powerclamp
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert `intel_rng`: No such device
searching for block device containing the ISO proxmox-ve-6.3-1
with ISO ID `5bf99256-2f32-11eb-86f2-b7e9f6c90679`
testing again in 5 seconds
[    7.9286221] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdb] No caching mode page found
[    7.9298021] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdb] Assuming drive cache: write through
testing device `/dev/sdb` for ISO
found Proxmox VE ISO
Starting Proxmox installation
Installing additional hardware drivers
[ ok ] Starting hotplug events dispatcher: systemd-udevd.
[ ok ] Synthesizing the initial hotplug events (subsytems)...done.
[ ok ] Synthesizing the initial hotplug events (devices)...done.

[....] Waiting for /dev to be fully populated...

So right after it sais waiting for /dev to be fully populated it freezes and hangs right away so I have to manually hold down the power to shut it off.
Here is some maybe useful information from the POST on boot before it loads the USB/PVE/Grub:
(Specifications of Motherboard and Server)

Phoenix Trusted Core(tm) Server
Copyright 1985-2005 Phoenix Tech

Supermicro X7DB8/X7DB8+/X7DB8+ Phoenix BIOS
Intel Xeon CPU
CPU = 2 Processors Detected
RAM Type DDR2-667 FSB at 1333 MHz
System RAM Passed
System BIOS Shadowed
Video BIOS Shadowed
Fixed DIsk 0: 500Gb
System Config Data updated
ERROR
System Config Data Read Error

///////////////////////

So that's where I'm at, I bought a Supermicro motherboard and installed into a Desktop case with lots of fans and brand new supermicro heatsinks with fans because I was initially having some overheating issues which seem to be gone now and not the problem. I just replaced the CMOS batter and have been toying with settings this is the best I can do if there's anymore information I can provide to help get me going I will supply no problem. Oh ya there were some disk issues so I ordered a new hard drive because the 2 old ones weren't even being recognized by parted magic, I managed to get one cleaned but that didn't solve the issue so now I have one plugged in trying to solve the issue of the computer not working. The only Desktop UI or Terminal I've ever sucessfully got to on this machine was parted magic or DSL Linux loaded purely from RAM and that's it.

Thanks for reading and any thing will help I'm having nightmares about this one now!

Cheers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!