Supermicro Proxmox Headless

theKCW

May 19, 2018
I'm trying to allow my proxmox install boot without needing a keyboard plugged in. I'm using a Supermicro MBD-C7Z87-O motherboard and I know that there is a "headless" option that is supposed to allow this. However, even with this setting enabled, I still can't get it to boot without a keyboard. Does anyone else have any experience with getting this to work? Is there anything I need to do on Proxmox itself to allow this type of booting? For what its worth Proxmox itself is installed on a RAIDZ1 drive.

Is there anything I need to do on Proxmox itself to allow this type of booting?
No, I'm using headless, miceless and keyboardless for decades with Linux including PVE from dual socket enterprise servers to small Intel Atom without any problem. The only thing you might want to check in your bios if you enabled "continue on keyboard error", but that is the only thing that comes to mind.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!