Suggestions for SSD Setup / Configuration

Thanks for the suggestions! Actually the Micron 7300 and the Samsung PM983 drive seems like good options. They are not to badly priced compared with the 970 PRO and have good TBW. The Micron 7300 PRO 960GB in particular is a good candidate. It costs around $190 and has a TBW of 1.9.

I hope that a a couple of Micron 7300 PRO 960GB in ZFS mirror for my VMs/LXCs in combination with two Intel D3-S4610 240GB in ZFS mirror for the Proxmox install will be a good combo.
Completely resurrecting this thread b/c forum restrictions will not let me send a message to

@norsemangrey

What happened norseman!? I am finding myself in the same position especially the differences in opinion over ssd/nvme's and enterprise upfront costs are still steep even with the dipping costs of consumer devices. Can you tell me what happened...I feel like a lot of people are in the same position. I actually gave up a went to an expenology install but now I require more flexibility so I am revisiting proxmox

Last edited:
stay away from zfs with not datacenter flash drives.
zfs is for enterprise.
ext4 (=lvmthin datastore for VM) + daily backup (will be done in minutes with pbs, alongside or in ct/vm)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!