Stupid Mistake! Installation on main Node

abusamra

Feb 20, 2024
Hello Everyone

I have small old desktop that i made as homelab and I love proxmox that can achieve all that with smallest resources possible.
so i have had 3 running VE- and made new Debian one - accidently i have installed FusionPBX script in the shell of the MAIN NODE ( hope its the right name ) main node i mean that includes all 4 VE / containers...

now i cant access my proxmox or any of the VE / containers what to do ?

Hello,

What do you mean by access the main node? Via the web UI? vi SSH? Can you do any of those?

Unfortunately, I have no idea what such script did.

the installscript of fusionPBX installs a bunch of software. e.g. nginx, php etc and compiles freeswitch from source. take a look at the install script and remove these programms (apt remove or apt purge). remove freeswitch and it systemd units than install pve again. i guess nothing is lost because fusionPBX doest not really interfere with pve per se

In the future, please carefully read any scripts before you execute them on your machine. A script can basically do anything if run as root. Even if the script had the best intentions there might be undesirable consequences.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!