Storage Setup Advice

Unknown2k

Jan 28, 2016
Hi Everyone.
I am setting up a new server with Proxmox, and I was curious to what everyone's opinions are on achieving the best possible SSD performance in Proxmox.

I do not need redundancy, as I will be copying important data onto a 1TB drive in the server for backups.

In the server I have x3 SSDs. A SSD for the OS, and 2x Samsung 850's (240GB) for storage.

Also, I have a 1TB HDD that I will rsync data to nightly for backups.

What is the best scenario in Proxmox to leverage the performance of the SSDs?

Thanks in advance.

Ya. That is how I currently have it configured with ZFS. Would ZFS in Proxmox software RAID0 still beat a Mounted Drive/Directory setup with Proxmox?

Depends on hardware, software and the weather. :)
Easy to try, create a md raid0 device with lvm and test. Then the same with zfs and u will see the results.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!