storage layout

caplam

Nov 14, 2018
Hello,
long time user with a long pause.
I was using proxmox a long time ago (pve 5 if i remember correctlly) ans switched to unraid which is better for my usage.
But recently my son moved to a small apartment for his studies and he wanted to setup small home automation server. I choose home assistant for him and tried to run it on a rpi3 i had lying around. Wrong idea it's very laggy.
So i bought him a small nuc based on n100 with 16Gb ram and 2x500Gb ssd.
on the first i installed proxmox and setup some vms and containers.
on the second ssd i made a directory for backups.
Then i heard about pbs. I installed it on pve as lxc container.
I installed also pbs on my unraid host and setup a vpn between our locations. I'll run a sync jobs between the two pbs.
Now the question:
On the second ssd i want to backup pve trough pbs. The space is large enough to do it but i also want a space shared by smb for his needs.
How can organize this second ssd?
For now it has one partition used as directory (ext4) and holding backups.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!