Storage Feature Request.

dgeist

Feb 26, 2015
Hi, after running the ceph setup a few times, I wondered why there was no "cluster network" setup in the install scripts. I found where it's instantiated in the perl module but it just gets the same network address as the "public" address. Granted, this can be edited (and I have) manually, but it would be nice to include the cluster network as a CLI option in the "pveceph init" syntax.

P.S. Related question: If I just write it myself, how do I submit that feature for incorporation in to the codebase?

Thanks.
Dan

Actually, nevermind. Here's the diff if you'd like it:

Code:
>:/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2# diff Ceph.pm Ceph.pm.orig 
687,693c687
< 		description => "Use specific network for ceph related traffic", 
< 		type => 'string', format => 'CIDR',
< 		optional => 1,
< 		maxLength => 128,
< 	    },
< 	    cluster => {
< 		description => "Use dedicated network for ceph replication traffic", 
---
> 		description => "Use specific network for all ceph related traffic", 
761,765c755
< #	    $cfg->{global}->{'cluster network'} = $param->{network};
< 	}
< 
< 	if ($param->{cluster}) {
< 	    $cfg->{global}->{'cluster network'} = $param->{cluster};
---
> 	    $cfg->{global}->{'cluster network'} = $param->{network};

Thanks.
Dan

Yes, just like that, but with two. The latter. I read the man page and wiki :)

If you look at the diff, that's what it does. That is the way that every sizeable ceph install I've ever heard of is done (and it's just a good idea to separate the replication from the client mounts).

Dan

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!