Stop Replication

cbx

Mar 2, 2012
Hello

It's possible to stop replication task without any linux kill of task?

What you exactly mean?
You can disable a job on the GUI.

What you exactly mean?
You can disable a job on the GUI.

Disable is for next replication, but I have sometime an overload due to this task, and had to stop the replication task to stop this overload... I can do it by killing task from ssh, but I want to know if there is some way to do it from GUI...

No you cant stop a running task.
This is a background task and if your system is overloaded the replication can work proper.

No you cant stop a running task.
This is a background task and if your system is overloaded the replication can work proper.

Ok, I understand the unique way in this case is kill it in ssh. I know that task can continue, but in case of performance impact for clients... I think that it's sometime better stop it.

Moreover, I really love this new feature in proxmox 5! Thanks for your works.

In zfs 0.7 there is a new Feature send/receive resume may be will include a interrupt for jobs and resume.

I guess this was never realized? Should I open a feature request?
No, it is never implemented.
Yes, you can. But I guess in the data center, it makes no real sense, and pvesr is connected for Cluster replication.
I guess it makes only sense for pve-zsync.

Well, i have had created a replication job, which i wanted to stop and it would take forever if I did not kill it manually.
It would be nice to have a GUI option to kill a running replication process. Pve-zsync does not have GUI, so there is no need to implement GUI option to stop it.
Whould you agree?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!