Status Emails flagged as Spam

CameronMG

Nov 15, 2022
Hello,

I am relatively new to the Proxmox Mail Gateway side of things and have everything configured as I would like it, however one thing that I have noticed is that my daily reports seem to be going into my spam folder.

I run a 'Power-MailInABox' VM for my emails and essentially have PMG infront of that. MIAB already has spam filters on it, however I am unsure if its PMG or MIAB that may be recording the emails as spam.

I have added whitelist rules for the sending email address as well as whitelisted the IP address and network range but a little unsure at this stage. I've had a look through the MIAB webmin console to see if I could see any spam settings but couldnt see anything here.

Any help is apprecaited.

Kind Regards,
Cameron

Check/share the logs of one of those mails -(from pmg and your mailserver) - maybe this gives some hints

Check/share the logs of one of those mails -(from pmg and your mailserver) - maybe this gives some hints
I'll try and pull the logs later today!

Just been doing a bit of further digging and it looks like SpamAssassin has got really aggressive in its most recent update. I've managed to locate the SpamAssassin settings on the local machine and allow IPs on the network to not be flagged.

Hi Stoiko,

Sorry i've not got back to you yet. Been dealing with a PVE issue which has taken up alot of my spare time. Would you want me to close this topic and then raise a new one once I've got the time to revisit this or happy to leave this open in the meantime?

Sorry i've not got back to you yet. Been dealing with a PVE issue which has taken up alot of my spare time. Would you want me to close this topic and then raise a new one once I've got the time to revisit this or happy to leave this open in the meantime?
No stress ;) - this is our community forum - so no need/urge to set anything as closed or resolved ;) - should you get around to dig into the issue - feel free to post the logs - I'll try to respond if my time permits

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!