Static IPS ports not connecting

zustudios

Renowned Member
Dec 13, 2015
I installed Proxmox 5.I have 5 static ips. I'm running 1 ip for the host,2 webservers (ubuntu 16.04 ispconfig 3.1),1 windows 7,1 cloudserver (ubuntu 16.04 nextcloud).
I have internet connection on all machines. My isp said all ports are open by default on static ips. But when I go to my ip:8080 I get no connection. when I go to my ip:80 I get a connection. What could be blocking my connections on some of my ports?

If you didn't activate the PVE firewall, then check your router for its firewall or the VM in question, it may have a firewall or the service isn't listening on that specific port.

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/firewall.html
What do you mean? Do I check on host or vm? I only installed proxmox on the host. I didn't setup any firewall. I have the ufw on the vm but the ports are still closed.
This is a fresh isp setup a fresh proxmox install and a fresh ubuntu 16.04 install. I call the isp and they said all ports are open on my static ips
What are the commands so I can check?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!