Startup Order

M@ario

Dec 23, 2010
Hello,

I don't really understand how the startup order in proxmox works. For example, if I have 4 VMs.

VM1: order=1, up=300
VM2: order=1, up=300
VM3: order=any
VM4: order=any

Will VM1 and VM2 be started concurrent and after 5 minutes VM3 and VM4?
Or will Proxmox start VM1 and then wait 5 minutes and start VM2, wait again 5 minutes and then start VM3 and VM4?

Thank you for the information.
But how would I configure it if I wanted VM1 and VM2 be started concurrent and after 5 minutes VM3 and VM4?

Thanx again.
I think now I got it. All VMs with the same "Order" value are started in the ascending sequence of their VM IDs, and when Proxmox hits a VM with a configured startup delay, it pauses for N seconds and the continues with the next VM or the next "Order group".
Is this correct?

Thanx again.
I think now I got it. All VMs with the same "Order" value are started in the ascending sequence of their VM IDs, and when Proxmox hits a VM with a configured startup delay, it pauses for N seconds and the continues with the next VM or the next "Order group".

Yes, it works that way.

Yes, it works that way.
Hi,

And for VMs WITHOUT "order" field, do they start after any VM with an "order"?
(I would like to avoid specifying VM3 order and VM4 order in the previous example, I only care VM1 and VM2 starting first)

Thank you,

Christophe.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!