SSL-Certificate

DvM

Dec 20, 2017
Can somebody please tell me how to install my Thawte Wildcard Certificate on PMG V5?
Every time somebody want's to open his Quarantine, the default certificate issn't recognised by the browser.

You need to concat your private key, your certificate and maybe intermediate and root certificate of Thawte into the file /etc/pmg/pmg-tls.pem. Obviously the private key must be without password. I hope this helps

Well i tried to create a self signed certificate, like described in the pmg-admin-guide (Appendix A) but it diddn't work.
After i restored the pmg-api.pem i could access the webinterface again.

Did you try cat private.key my.crt > /etc/pmg/pmg-api.pem (obviously exchange the two filenames with your own) and restart? In case of a self signed one, the certificate must be present in the browsers, otherwise you'll have to accept the self-signed one again.

We installed a Thawte wildcard certificate, problem solved.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!