[SOLVED] Spice IPv6 & Remote Viewer

ChrisOne

Feb 22, 2019
Hello Community,

i have a question because Spice and IPv6? I become a connection restricted by IPv6.

If i download the Spice donwload.vv and change quickt the hostname to a IPv4 it works fine.

- Is the gateway from Spice not running with ipv6?
- Where can i find it to check?
- IPv4 is working fine.

I use currently Virtual Environment 5.3-9

If i have forgott anything information please tell me i am new here :rolleyes:

Best wishes,
Chris

Reactions: fr3d3r1c
On a sidenote - you created the thread in our German Forum - if you want I could move it to the general (english) part.

from the code - spiceproxy should bind itself to the address-family (ipv4/ipv6) your nodename resolves to.
you can check which address it's listening on via:
* `ss -tlnp |grep 3128`

* apart from that - what error-messages do you get - what is written in the download.vv ?
* can you connect via `nc -v $nodename 3128` to the address you see in download.vv?
* do you get a 'connection refused' or a timeout
* maybe the firewall is blocking access

hope this helps!

On a sidenote - you created the thread in our German Forum - if you want I could move it to the general (english) part.

from the code - spiceproxy should bind itself to the address-family (ipv4/ipv6) your nodename resolves to.
you can check which address it's listening on via:
* `ss -tlnp |grep 3128`

* apart from that - what error-messages do you get - what is written in the download.vv ?
* can you connect via `nc -v $nodename 3128` to the address you see in download.vv?
* do you get a 'connection refused' or a timeout
* maybe the firewall is blocking access

hope this helps!

ok i see it now German / Ist aber auch kein Problem Deutsch geht auch.

- only IPv4 listen to the 3128 Port by ss -tlpn / IPv6 only sshd & smtp
- nur IPv4 hört auf den Port 3128 beim prüfen mit ss -tlpn / IPv6 nur sshd & smtp ?!?

- i resolv the IPv6 from the hostname in the download.vv (windows 10, with IPv6 & IPv4 to WAN) (PVE is by colo)
- beim auflösen des hostname aus dem download.vv erhalte ich die IPv6 (windows 10, mit IPv6 & IPv4 zum WAN) (PVE steht steht im RZ)

- here the failure message
- hier die Fehlermeldung

IPv6Fail.jpg

- the ip-tables do not block ipv4 or ipv6 ports for 3128
- die ip-tables blockieren keine ipv4 & ipv6 ports für 3128

- it is possible that the PVE deamon do not start listen for IPv6 connections for spiceproxy? it is possible run IPv4&IPv6 mixed?
- ist es möglich das der deamon nicht starten für IPv6 für die verbindung zum spiceproxy? ist es möglich IPv4&IPv6 listener gleichzeitig laufen zu lassen?

- i found this - it is old and i think now it works with IPv4&IPv6 (if is correct configured) i do not look in the pm PVE files i see only a "if (IPv6)" in the code for the download.vv generation .. i can hardcode the ip .. but i think by the next update i lose this ip again.
- ich habe diesen Beitrag gefunden - er ist alt und ich denke es sollte eigentlich mit IPv4/IPv6 funktionieren wenn es richtig konfiguriert ist. Ich habe in den .pm Dateien gesehen das dort etwas mit IPv6 drin steht bei der Generierung der downlod.vv, ich könnte dort den Host mit der IP ersetzen blos beim nächsten Update geht dies vermutlich wieder verloren.
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/add-listening-on-ipv6-on-proxmoxhost-is-this-posible.19006/

- do i have overlooked something in the PVE configuration with ipv6?
- habe ich was übersehen bei der PVE Koniguration mit IPv6?

- (`nc -v $nodename 3128` ) can i not check i use windows 10 ... viewer connection can not open this connection with the viewer.
- ich kann dies nicht prüfen da ich nur ein windows 10 desktop zum verbinden habe. Wenn ich Außerhalb der Token Zeit die DNS Namen/Host auf IPv4 schnell ändere in der vv kann ich die Verbindung aufbauen ansonsten erhalte ich eine PW Abfrage oder timeout.

Thanks Chris

ok i see it now German / Ist aber auch kein Problem Deutsch geht auch.

- only IPv4 listen to the 3128 Port by ss -tlpn / IPv6 only sshd & smtp
- nur IPv4 hört auf den Port 3128 beim prüfen mit ss -tlpn / IPv6 nur sshd & smtp ?!?

- i resolv the IPv6 from the hostname in the download.vv (windows 10, with IPv6 & IPv4 to WAN) (PVE is by colo)
- beim auflösen des hostname aus dem download.vv erhalte ich die IPv6 (windows 10, mit IPv6 & IPv4 zum WAN) (PVE steht steht im RZ)

- here the failure message
- hier die Fehlermeldung

View attachment 9570

- the ip-tables do not block ipv4 or ipv6 ports for 3128
- die ip-tables blockieren keine ipv4 & ipv6 ports für 3128

- it is possible that the PVE deamon do not start listen for IPv6 connections for spiceproxy? it is possible run IPv4&IPv6 mixed?
- ist es möglich das der deamon nicht starten für IPv6 für die verbindung zum spiceproxy? ist es möglich IPv4&IPv6 listener gleichzeitig laufen zu lassen?

- i found this - it is old and i think now it works with IPv4&IPv6 (if is correct configured) i do not look in the pm PVE files i see only a "if (IPv6)" in the code for the download.vv generation .. i can hardcode the ip .. but i think by the next update i lose this ip again.
- ich habe diesen Beitrag gefunden - er ist alt und ich denke es sollte eigentlich mit IPv4/IPv6 funktionieren wenn es richtig konfiguriert ist. Ich habe in den .pm Dateien gesehen das dort etwas mit IPv6 drin steht bei der Generierung der downlod.vv, ich könnte dort den Host mit der IP ersetzen blos beim nächsten Update geht dies vermutlich wieder verloren.
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/add-listening-on-ipv6-on-proxmoxhost-is-this-posible.19006/

- do i have overlooked something in the PVE configuration with ipv6?
- habe ich was übersehen bei der PVE Koniguration mit IPv6?

- (`nc -v $nodename 3128` ) can i not check i use windows 10 ... viewer connection can not open this connection with the viewer.
- ich kann dies nicht prüfen da ich nur ein windows 10 desktop zum verbinden habe. Wenn ich Außerhalb der Token Zeit die DNS Namen/Host auf IPv4 schnell ändere in der vv kann ich die Verbindung aufbauen ansonsten erhalte ich eine PW Abfrage oder timeout.

Thanks Chris

I fix it / Habe es gefixt

- change \etc\hosts file and add "::ffff:" to the IPv4 address reboot (spiceproxy restart/pveproxy retart do not help) and it works well now the spice listen to IPv4&IPv6
- "::ffff:" vor die IPv4 hängen in der \etc\hosts Datei und neustarten (spiceproxy restart/pveproxy retart) hilft nicht, dann läuft es auch.

Example/Beispiel:
::ffff:10.0.0.100 pvehost.some.domain pvehost pvelocalhost

Thanks for the Help / Danke für den Support

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!