Spam Report handling after upgrade to PMG 7.0 (missing token?)

mdo

Renowned Member
Dec 5, 2010
New Zealand
Hi all

I have recently done an in place upgrade for our Mail gateway from version 6.x to 7.0, following the excellent instructions here: https://pmg.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrade_from_6.x_to_7.0
I would like to say here a big thank for these and former upgrade instructions which are always detailed and very well written!

All went well and we are running successfully. The email logs are looking all good and the only difference (issue) that I have found is the handling of the links (Whitelist, Blacklist, Deliver, Delete) in the so called "Daily Spam Report".

These links include a token for easy access and that is not working for us any longer. To compare, a link in an old email from the version 6.x times looks like this (server name and some details obscured).

The version 7.0 generated links look like this (no token as far as I understand it)

Thanks for any hint where to start.

Michael

Last edited:
did you configure 'Ticket' or 'Ticket + LDAP' under Configuration -> Spam Detector -> Quarantine -> Authentication Mode ?

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
did you configure 'Ticket' or 'Ticket + LDAP' under Configuration -> Spam Detector -> Quarantine -> Authentication Mode ?
Thanks for asking.

It always was set to LDAP and worked before with previous versions. I have just compared with another mailgate ver 6.x instance that we control and it is set to LDAP there as well.
The options there that I can see are either
- "Ticket"
- "LDAP"
- "LDAP or Ticket".
LDAP now sounds actually wrong but I am surprised that it has been working for such a long time.
I am tempted to try "LDAP or Ticket" and will report back.

Michael

Thanks for asking.

It always was set to LDAP and worked before with previous versions. I have just compared with another mailgate ver 6.x instance that we control and it is set to LDAP there as well.
The options there that I can see are either
- "Ticket"
- "LDAP"
- "LDAP or Ticket".
LDAP now sounds actually wrong but I am surprised that it has been working for such a long time.
I am tempted to try "LDAP or Ticket" and will report back.

Michael
Ah, quick follow up with success as it looks like. I changed as discussed and regenerated yesterday's report on the commandline with
"pmgqm send -receiver michael@xx.yy.nz -timespan yesterday" and the email now included the tokens for easy follow of these links and a frsh access to the panel via LDAP auth is working too. Exactly what I had hoped for. Unsure why it was working before but will keep an eye on that setting now.

Thanks for your help.
Michael

Reactions: dcsapak

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!