Spam getting through how to block on subject?

NathanD

Nov 29, 2019
First of all I love the Proxmox Mail Gateway software. I only miss one thing: block spam that is going through.

For a few days in a row I got spam in my mailbox with the word Euronotification in it. Sometimes it's the first worth, sometimes the last and sometimes in the middle.
You can`t do anything to block this and learn PMG that his mai is spam. I can lookup this mail in the Tracking Center, but can`t do anything with it.

pmg-smtp-filter : SA score=2/5 time=8.126 bayes=undefined autolearn=no autolearn_force=no hits=AWL(-1.040),DKIM_SIGNED(0.1),DKIM_VALID(-0.1),DKIM_VALID_AU(-0.1),DKIM_VALID_EF(-0.1),HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST(0.001),HTML_MESSAGE(0.001),KAM_LOTSOFHASH(0.25),MAILING_LIST_MULTI(-1),RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100(2.43),RAZOR2_CHECK(1.729),SPF_HELO_PASS(-0.001),SPF_PASS(-0.001),URIBL_BLOCKED(0.001)

So it's getting not a high score. Spammers are getting beter in low scoring mail.

For example I've under Mail Filter -> Who objects -> Blacklist a regular expression for blocking mail from .guru domains which is working. I tried different options to get mail with Euronotification in the subject, but the mail is getting through.

Hopefully someone can tell me how to block this anoying mail. This is only one example of mails that are getting through, but I need somewhere to start ;-)

Last edited:
Hi!

For matching based on the mail itself (i.e., it's content, attachments or metadata) you'd use "What Objects"

You can add a what object (or reuse an existing, if there's a fitting one), in there you would add a "Match Field" to create a regular expression based match for any mail header, in your case "Subject".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!