[SOLVED] Space used

andmattia

Feb 13, 2024
I try to understend the allocated ammout of space for single backup.

When I take a buckup from PVE I can see the ammount of Gb used for a full backup but if I do the same from PBS I see always the space of "disk" backed up. How can see the space of single instance?

1709404647047.png

Attachments

• 1709404627015.png
    1709404627015.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
I try to understend the allocated ammout of space for single backup.

When I take a buckup from PVE I can see the ammount of Gb used for a full backup but if I do the same from PBS I see always the space of "disk" backed up. How can see the space of single instance?
PBS simply doesn't know it because calculating it would be a lot of work hitting your CPU and storage. To know the used space of a single backup snapshot you would need to read and analyse ALL of the backups snapshots of ALL VMs/LXCs of that datastore as because of deduplication no chunk is used twice and multiple backup snapshots of the same VM or even different VMs could reference/share the same chunk files.

All you get is the total size of the datastore and even there PBS isn't accounting for actual backup files but is only showing what the filesystems statistics are reporting (so similar what a "df -h" would show you).

Last edited:
Reactions: andmattia

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!