[SOLVED] Separate Ceph and corosync networks on running cluster (PVE5)

Altinea

Jan 12, 2018
Hello,
In the past, I made a mistake : using the same 10G network to run proxmox cluster AND Ceph cluster. I know, that's bad practice.

Now, I'm trying to migrate corosync (aka pvecm) on a dedicated 1G link, recently added.
All my hosts are configured on a new subnet (10.152.13.0/24) and ping each other. For reference Ceph network is on 10.152.12.0/24 subnet.

I started to follow 'Separate After Cluster Creation' on the cluster manager page on the wiki.

Finally ended up with a classical error : "nodelist or quorum.expected_votes must be configured!".

If I understand correctly, it's because the 'name' part of the corosync.conf file should be coherent with the ring0_addr for the node declaration. Right ?

But as I'm running Ceph (mon and osd) with the same hostname, if I change the name of each node in the /etc/hosts file, my Ceph cluster will probably break in the future when restarting an osd or monitor.

Does I have to change each corosync node name to point to a specific IP/host couple ? Will it break my /etc/pve/nodes/ directories ? That would be a complete mess right ?

This is a 5 nodes cluster still running PVE5 with 2 new nodes waiting to join and finally upgrade to PVE6.

Thank for your advices,
Julien

Nevermind, I only had to ask for a complete restart of corosync and everything just went fine.

Sorry for that
Julien

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!