[Solved] Migration Network & SDN

rigorm

Renowned Member
Feb 6, 2011
Hi,

Is there any way to use a SDN (in my case a defined vlan) with the migration network ?

(datacenter level) --> Options --> Migration Settings

Only thing possible is to use a local Bridge WITH an assign IP . (does not show in the dropdown list if there is no IP set on the bridge)

and I can't seem to assign a IP to a SDN vlan.

Is there a trick to this ? ;-)

Thanks

Indeed, it's currently not possible to define ip in sdn vlan vnet config, because it's same config for every host.

but they are a trick :)

you can add in /etc/network/interfaces on each host

Code:
auto myvnet
iface myvnet inet static
    address <ip>/<mask>

It'll be merged with vnet config generated in /etc/network/interfaces.d/sdn.

Thanks for the reply.. did some tests on my SDN

Zone: Backend
VLAN: Mig

added this :

Code:
auto Mig
iface Mig inet static
        address 10.100.60.34/27

but still no interface is showing in the Migration Settings. Only the ones I set on the vmbr* bridges.

i'm I missing something ?

Thanks for the reply.. did some tests on my SDN

Zone: Backend
VLAN: Mig

added this :

Code:
auto Mig
iface Mig inet static
        address 10.100.60.34/27

but still no interface is showing in the Migration Settings. Only the ones I set on the vmbr* bridges.

i'm I missing something ?
It will not show in migration settings gui (It'll really not implemented).
you need to edit /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg manually to choose your network.

(also, be sure to do a "ifreload -a" on your nodes, to apply to ip configuration

Last edited:
Merci Spirit, All is working now :) As long as I dont edit the setting in the GUI !

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!