[Solved] Method when Masterserver is broken on a ProxmoxVEcluster, not HA

fireon

Distinguished Member
Oct 25, 2010
Austria/Graz
iteas.at
Hello,

what is the right method when the masterserver is broken? It's the best way to force a node to an master? When yes, what must i do when masterserver is repaird? Can i start him anyway and force him to a node?

Best Regards
and Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Method when Masterserver is broken on a ProxmoxVEcluster, not HA

Hello,

what is the right method when the masterserver is broken? It's the best way to force a node to an master? When yes, what must i do when masterserver is repaird? Can i start him anyway and force him to a node?

Best Regards
and Thanks
Hi,
ther isn't master-slave anymore with >= pve2.x!
If your cluster loose the quorum due to an failed node (e.g. if your cluster have only two nodes) you can't change anything on the VMs (but they still running on the working node) - /etc/pve is read-only without quorum.
Repair the failed node, or reach quorum again with "pvecm expected 1".

Udo

then I misunderstood this, so i can modifi from every node when all nodes are running, is this so right? For example, when the failed node should be removed http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster#Remove_a_cluster_node and i can't do an "power on" on the failed node because an damaged motherboard... how can i remove the node from cluster?

Thanks and Regards

Ok, so it should work without any problems. Thanks for the information.

Nice WE

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!