Solved (kind of) latest Intel NUC(13ANKi3) with Intel Ethernet Controller i226-V slow network speed

lemonbiter

Sep 3, 2023
Germany
Hi there
I am having an issue with my new NUC - also I am a newbe to Proxmox and linux
For my very first PM I bought the latest Intel NUC and added OpenMediaVault as Fileserver. I added a USB 3 HDD and was copying files to the storage.
Speed is only around 26MBit/s. So first thing I was thinking of was there is something wrong with the USB setup. So I changed the USB port from USB-A to USB-C, now using a different SSD drive but nothing changed.
Now I checked the Ethernet speed and found ou that the issue is coming from that end.
So testing the ethernet speed using iperf.
The test shows, that the regular speed is 26 MBit/s - but when sending 10 streams in parallel I can reach the maximum speed of the interface (10x 10.x MBit/s) = about 105 MBit/s.

Are you using this ethernet controler? Is there a driver that I cannot find? Do you have any suggestions? Maybe adding a USB to ethernet adapter ? Wich one would you suggest to use to gain full seped

Thanks

LEM

Looks like the driver for the Ethernet port on the latest NUC 13th generation causes it. I just added a USB-C Ethernet Adapter and boom... full 105 MBit/s

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!