[SOLVED] Hyper-Threading vs No Hyper-Threading; Fixed vs Variable Memory

Carlos Estrada

Feb 18, 2016
Hi. I have a question for Proxmox 4.4.

There is the option "Ballooning" which is available with the option "Use fixed size memory". In the help manual says :

Even when using a fixed memory size, the ballooning device gets added to the VM, because it delivers useful information such as how much memory the guest really uses. In general, you should leave ballooning enabled, but if you want to disable it (e.g. for debugging purposes), simply uncheck Ballooning.

I'm configuring a Windows server 2012 VM. I want to have a fixed size memmory, but I'm confused about this option. Should I enable it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!