[SOLVED] Can't start vm code 1006

djaks

Renowned Member
Feb 7, 2016
Hi everyones, I'm new on the forum and proxmox. I'm trying to install a debian 8 vm but when i start the "console" option, a window is opening and i get an error "can't start server (code 1006)".
When i check logs it tells :
"TASK ERROR: command '/bin/nc6 -l -p 5900 -w 10 -e '/usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 100 2>/dev/null'' failed: exit code 1". I tried with firefox on w7 an iceweasel on debian jessi.
If you need more information just tell me what you need and i'll post it.
Regards,

Is this a KVM or a container? Also, have you been able to launch any VM or is this the first one you've tried? Is there anything that might be a clue in the syslog tab of the host?
Hi, it's a kvm.
It's the first I've tried.
In /var/log/message i get this " starting task UPID: pve:000005DC", 4 or 5 times and end with " successful auth for user root@pam". But on the web interface the status return exit code 1.

Strange. Try starting the VM using the console (right click on VM and choose "Console" from the menu, then hit Start from the button on the top right of the console window). Can you see anything happening there?

Also, can you post the VM's config? Log in to the host machine over SSH and see the contents of /etc/pve/nodes/<hostname>/qemu-server/<id>.conf

Strange. Try starting the VM using the console (right click on VM and choose "Console" from the menu, then hit Start from the button on the top right of the console window). Can you see anything happening there?

Also, can you post the VM's config? Log in to the host machine over SSH and see the contents of /etc/pve/nodes/<hostname>/qemu-server/<id>.conf
I tried to and no respons. But, this mornng i first hit the start button for the vm and then hit console and i get this error new error :
"
Running as unit 100.scope.
Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory
failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory
TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/systemd-run --scope --slice qemu --unit 100 -p 'KillMode=none' -p 'CPUShares=1000' /usr/bin/kvm -id 100 -chardev 'socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/100.qmp,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=qmp,mode=control' -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/100.vnc,x509,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/100.pid -daemonize -smbios 'type=1,uuid=1635f936-19b4-44d4-b403-2dbc155ad3ed' -name test -smp '1,sockets=1,cores=1,maxcpus=1' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on,strict=on,reboot-timeout=1000' -vga cirrus -cpu kvm64,+lahf_lm,+sep,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,enforce -m 512 -k fr -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.1,chassis_nr=1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1e' -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.2,chassis_nr=2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1f' -device 'piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2' -device 'usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1' -device 'virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3' -iscsi 'initiator-name=iqn.1993-08.org.debian:01:a2146ef22050' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/100/vm-100-disk-1.qcow2,if=none,id=drive-ide0,format=qcow2,cache=none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=on' -device 'ide-hd,bus=ide.0,unit=0,drive=drive-ide0,id=ide0,bootindex=100' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/template/iso/debian-8.2.0-amd64-netinst.iso,if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=threads' -device 'ide-cd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=ide2,bootindex=200' -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap100i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown' -device 'e1000,mac=32:63:37:35:37:39,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0,bootindex=300'' failed: exit code 1
".
I can't get access over ssh because i didn't opend the port yet, i only can access to the web interface.

I solved the issue. It was the kvm hardware virtualisation. It was set to yes and i used a 64 bit, apparently it doesn't like it i had to set it to no and then i start the console it worked.
Thanks for your help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!