Snapshots after VZdump is placed back

ajschot

May 16, 2021
Hey all,

I used to use the snapshot function before certain updates in some vm's.
Also sometimes i make a backup to an external disk, now i needed to upgrade my harddisk to get more space.
I made backups and placed the new disk, dit a fresh install of PVE7 and then placed the backups back on the new disk.
All went fine, all vm's wokring like they did before, but now i found a problem, i can not do snapthos in teh vms anymore.

If i choose a VM i want to have a snapshot off i shutdown the VM (because it is much faster) and then i saw the message:

"The current guest configuration does not support taking new snapshots"

I made a new vm and with alle the same settings and kind of the same purpose... and i could make a snapshot.....

hope someone has a solution.

Hello,

If i choose a VM i want to have a snapshot off i shutdown the VM (because it is much faster) and then i saw the message:
That is because of the snapshot without including the RAM.

regarding the issue, please post the VM config qm config <VMID> and the output of the cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg command.

Hello,

That is because of the snapshot without including the RAM.

regarding the issue, please post the VM config qm config <VMID> and the output of the cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg command.
This concerns the slow snapshot?

The big problem now is that i can not make a snapshot at all only backups.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!