Snapshot Limit

abuhome

Jan 29, 2012
Dear community,

i have a simple question. Is it possible to limit the amount of snapshots for a vm. For example: I only want to allow that a user can do three snapshots of a vm. If three snapshots are reached. The user will get an error.
Thanks

Greets

what version of proxmox are you usin. its definately in the 2.3. versions and later. its a handy feature to have. it would be nice for a bit more granularity but sowhat this is great project.

Do you mean "live snapshot"? If so, there is no possibility to limit them now.
The other replies in this thread were referring to "number of backups sets" that proxmox keeps (i.e. if you set it to 3, you will have the last 3 backups of the vm, next backup the oldest in the set will be replaced with the newest etc.), the fact that you do the backup as snapshot or not is irrilevant and not related with "live snapshot"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!