SMTP Relay Balancing

np-prxmx

May 11, 2020
Hello,
is possible to use the HA feature also for SMTP relay?. Now i have my devices and others that point to mysmtp.domain.com, is sufficient to add the other node that the system do a balancing?
Thanks

Not sure whether I understand the question completely.
If you want to use more PMG for outbound relaying - just add 2 A/AAAA records for mysmtp.domain.com (if that's what you've configured as smarthost in your servers)

check the features page (the HA Cluster tab) on our homepage: https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-mail-gateway/features

I hope this helps!

hello, thanks for your answer.
I've already read some information about cluster in doc but not find this config.

I will attach what i need to do ONLY for SMTP relayrelay.png

The cluster do this functions? Or i need to use records?.. and if i need to use record, which your best pratices?

Thanks

as said - loadbalancing is not built in to PMG's cluster stack - instead use DNS round robin, which usually works very well for SMTP

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!