SMB Azure storage as backup pool?

openaspace

Sep 16, 2019
Italy
Hello.
Mount a remote smb azure file storage in the proxmox host local file system can be a good solution to store backup?
I don't have local free space.

Thank you.

Yes, it could be used for that. The backup may be a bit slower, depending on how fast the PVE server can write to the Azure storage.
Thank you already configured, it's amazing! 400mbps!

The problem that i'm having is that don't allow me to mount the same share from the second proxmox host...
Can't be used one share at the same time from different location?!

storage 'shareXXX' is not online (500)

That rather seems like it is not accessible from your second host. The "is storage online test" on addition failed.

Can't be used one share at the same time from different location?!

In general one specific export from a share should be exclusive to a Proxmox VE cluster, to avoid overwriting files (VMIDs can only be unique in the cluster). You could also use different "subdir" entries in the storage config for the different Proxmox VE clusters (or stand-alone nodes), to avoid conflicts.

In general one specific export from a share should be exclusive to a Proxmox VE cluster, to avoid overwriting files (VMIDs can only be unique in the cluster). You could also use different "subdir" entries in the storage config for the different Proxmox VE clusters (or stand-alone nodes), to avoid conflicts.
[/QUOTE]
Yes I know, but I need to read the same share in the case i will restore the backup from the first host.

I really don't understand why azure don't allow to mount the same share from another host.
can be that the first host is using all resources and the share reject the connection?
I'm backup now 4,5Tb of data to the azure

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!