SMART Tracking Intel D3-S4610

Jarvar

Aug 27, 2019
Hello Everybody,
I am setting up a few SDDs, the Intel D3-S4610.
I have tried a smartctl -a /dev/sda and the output looks different from many of the previous drives I have had experience with.
I am looking for suggestions on what attributes I should be paying attention to.
I am setting up the crontab.
Here is a snapshot of the smartctl -a output.

Capture_a1.PNG

this is what I had in my old crontab but it seems to miss a lot of information.
Code:
(/usr/sbin/smartctl -a /dev/sdb) | /bin/grep "Serial\|Firmware\|result:\|Power_On_Hours\|Reallocated_Sector_Ct\|Spin_Retry_Count\|Reallocated_Even
t_Count\|Current_Pending_Sector\|Ave_Block-Erase_Count\|Temperature_Celsius\|Offline_Uncorrectable\|Total_LBAs_Written\|Percent_Life_Remaining\|Extended\ offl
ine"

I would like to tweak it with the new attributes so I would get proper notifications.

I'm not as familiar with HDD sentinel. Is that a third party application? Or is that built in? I have the /etc/smartd.conf setup already as well.
I would use HDD sentinel. What are the benefits? advanatages? Is it easier to configure and setup? Is it included in Proxmox 6.1?

Thank you so much for chiming and offering assistance. I really appreciate it @ness1602

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!