SMART IDs are different when checking different drives.

NullNill

Sep 10, 2024
As you can see from the image my SMART IDs are different depending on what HDD I check. sdd (top image) is an enterprise drive I bought refurbished recently while the sdb is a drive I salvaged from an old prebuilt . sda and sdb shows the temperature when checking SMART in the GUI. sdc and sdd does not show it and I have to use smartctl to check. This can get annoying.

What I assume is happening is that the two HDD, sdc and sdd, have two different temperature values and it uses ID 231 rather than ID 194. Because it does show Temperature_Celsius but it's just using a different ID. Is there a fix for this?

Attachments

• SMART PVE.png
    SMART PVE.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!