SMART error (Health) detected on host

Hi guys!

I have the same issue with this SSD. Do you have any information, how can i upgrade the firmware under the proxmox? I have several VM's on it.

Maybe a stupid question, but I am wondering how you updated the firmware. Did you create a bootable USB following this guide? Or did you somehow update the firmware through proxmox shell?

Now i updated with USB drive. We will see in the next days.
Firmware Version: 3B4QFXO7

Last edited:
I have a SAMSUNG MZVL21T0HCLR-00B00.
I don't find the FW on the Samsung page. Does anyone know where to get the firmware for linux-install?
Thanks

can some confirm the disk didn't reset the disk ... it's my boot disk :)
I can also confirm, the firmware update did not affect my disk's data, or it's place in ZFS mirror

Thanks @virtx for sharing the link to the firmware update, you made it very easy for me to solve the SMART temperature warning I got this morning for the first time.

For others, find old usb drive, flash the drive with the firmware update ISO, reboot the host and run the firmware update, reboot and all is good (node offline less than 5 minutes).

My M.2 Samsung 990 Pro 2TB with heatsink reported the wrong temperature (84 celcius). After applying the most recent firmware, all went back to normal! No data loss whatsoever.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!