site to site replication

Milkwyrm

Renowned Member
Jan 30, 2012
New Zealand
ourcloud.nz
Is there any work being done on cluster replication outside of using ZFS?
I have a mixed environment of hyper-v and Proxmox hosts/clusters that need to replicate to our DR site. The Hyper-v cluster was dead easy to set up for this purpose, Unfortunately our Proxmox hardware is really not suited to using ZFS and I need to find a way to get a standby replica running at DR. I could push backups out and restore them but this would involve moving a LOT of data over the vpn/wan links and would be out of date well before it could complete. Has anyone built out a similar solution?

If the HW is not made for ZFS, you can't use it for ceph either.

Thanks Guys. I figured that was the case, but I was asking about future enhancements that might move beyond this, to allow hardware stuck with RAID cards to also replicate. Like the situation I'm in, where I'd have a hard time justifying to the powers that be that I need to strip down and rebuild working servers with non hardware raid HBA's (additonal cost) in order to use Ceph or ZFS.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!