Simple petition to PVE team...

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Hi guys

Congratulations to PVE team for PVE 2.3, excelent work !!!!
Special thanks to Martin and all those who make up the development team, without you PVE would not be possible.

I want to do a simple petition to PVE team:
(I believe that this is the problem of many peers)

Many times I have to work at night when nobody works in my company, in order to make updates, previously I must do manuals backups of VMs, etc.

The problem is that as automated backups are also scheduled to be at night, all nights, then I must remove these tasks for to work in peace, and as this is getting very repetitive, I would ask a very simple option:

That the option "Create: backup job" has a field "enabled" or "disabled", so you just have to disable the tasks when you want to make the respective maintenance and when you finished the work, you only will have to enable the backups tasks.

If not, I must take note of all tasks, erase all backup jobs, and after of make my work, re-create it again

Waiting for your reply I say goodbye
Cheers and continue to enjoy much success.

Cesar

Follow the link, "open a new account" if you don't already have one (this account is valid for a lot of project that use bugzilla a bug management), then login and select proxmox project, new bug etc (or something like that, I've no my account credentials handy right now).

Hi guys

Congratulations to PVE team for PVE 2.3, excelent work !!!!
Special thanks to Martin and all those who make up the development team, without you PVE would not be possible.

I want to do a simple petition to PVE team:
(I believe that this is the problem of many peers)

Many times I have to work at night when nobody works in my company, in order to make updates, previously I must do manuals backups of VMs, etc.

The problem is that as automated backups are also scheduled to be at night, all nights, then I must remove these tasks for to work in peace, and as this is getting very repetitive, I would ask a very simple option:

That the option "Create: backup job" has a field "enabled" or "disabled", so you just have to disable the tasks when you want to make the respective maintenance and when you finished the work, you only will have to enable the backups tasks.

If not, I must take note of all tasks, erase all backup jobs, and after of make my work, re-create it again

Waiting for your reply I say goodbye
Cheers and continue to enjoy much success.

Cesar

I normally just unselect the current day of the week rather than delete and rebuild. Not that I disagree that it would be a useful feature.

I normally just unselect the current day of the week rather than delete and rebuild. Not that I disagree that it would be a useful feature.

Good idea as a temporary solution!

And thanks to all for your answers, i will be in buzilla-pve soon

Best regadrs
Cesar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!