[SOLVED] Simple DHCP for nodes

ixproxmox

Renowned Member
Nov 25, 2015
Is there a easy way to setup dhcp on the individual proxmox-host? So that I don't need to maintain a seperate dhcp-server for so simple need. I just need the vms (both kvm and containers) to just choose from a pre-defined public static ipv4 or ipv6 range and stick with it (forever lease for this mac for instance). Of course, I could setup a Linux-vm on one proxmox, install dhcp/dhcp6, but would be so fun to do it kind of integrated and I don't see any reasons why it can't work to install it on host (unless there is something I'm not seeing) :)

Last edited:
Sure it's possible, but don't you already have a gateway which runs a dhcp server?
A popular package is isc-dhcp-server which can be installed via apt.

Sure it's possible, but don't you already have a gateway which runs a dhcp server?
A popular package is isc-dhcp-server which can be installed via apt.
I'm in a datacenter and not running the gw myself :) Cool, I'll try that.

The datacenter better makes sure that dhcp requests from other customers don't reach his server ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!