shutdown host, vms not shutdown

XelNaha

Apr 6, 2019
hi there,

I have a machine that I regularly shutdown and so far the startup/shutdown sequence always seems to work:

on boot of host all vms and containers get started
on shutdown of host all vms and containers get shutdown and I see a task appear.

until recently, now I see:
on boot of host all vms and containers get started
on shutdown of host, the host just instantly shutsdown, but doesn't seem to shutdown vms and containers in reverse order anymore.

I can't seem to find any breaking changes or other change of the default so leaves me wonder what happened? its almost asif the shutdown hook doesn't invoke the shutdown script anymore?

windows server guest vms?

set a group policy to allow "unattended shutdown" or (even better) use the qemu-guest-agent within the vm and activate it on pve node at the VM options.

hi Mgabriel,

no it is for linux vms, windows, containers the lot.

when I book I see this task:

1651829387169.png

and when I used to shutdown I saw the reverse task "shutting down all VMs and Containers"
this no longer happens and it will just kill all vms and instantly turn off.

Did you upgrade to PVE7.2 in the last two days and does it start only after that?

Did you upgrade to PVE7.2 in the last two days and does it start only after that?
Its a recent thing yes; not entirely sure if it was > 7.2 as I auto update my machines daily. Having said that I do believe it also happened from last week so could well be < 7.2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!