show disk not used in proxmox

Dzung

Feb 20, 2019
I use promox 6, when I delete vm, I do not check the pure so disk vm is not deleted, is there a way for me to list all these unused disks for deletion?

The purge option determines if the VM ID will be removed from backup cron jobs upon destruction. It has nothing to do with disks.

If you click on the task log at the bottom of the GUI you can see that your virtual disks get removed when destroying a VM. Even withouth "Purge" it will, for example, say
Logical volume "vm-103-disk-1" successfully removed

I have checked on ceph there are still images that have not been deleted, because there are snapshots, I am currently removing snap and deleting each image

I'm afraid I still don't see the problem.

When you run qm destroy (or click "Remove" VM in the GUI) then first the snapshots of the VM are deleted and then the disk image removed. At the end the disk is gone. Even if your VM had snapshots.

Code:
root@pveA:~# qm snapshot 101 someName   # Make sure that the VM has a snapshot
root@pveA:~# rbd list  # Show images on ceph
vm-100-disk-0   # Unrelated image
vm-101-disk-0 # This is the interesting disk image
root@pveA:~# qm destroy 101
Removing all snapshots: 100% complete...
Removing all snapshots: 100% complete...done.
Removing image: 1% complete...
Removing image: 2% complete...
(...)
Removing image: 99% complete...
Removing image: 100% complete...done.
root@pveA:~# rbd list
vm-100-disk-0   # Only the unrelated image is left

Reactions: Dzung

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!