Should I enable or disable "logical processor" in bios?

Miktash

Mar 6, 2015
Hi,

I'm setting up a cluster with E5-2673v3 CPU's and I'm wondering if I should either enable or disable the logical processors in the bios?
Back in the old days I knew I had to disable "hyperthreading" but now I'm unsure. Maybe it's better to have it enabled these days?

Thanks for your help

Hyperthreading can help certain workloads, but these days rarely negatively affects them (this is a bit opinionated, but from that's my experience anyway). I suggest leaving it on if you won't be running anything timing or latency sensitive in VMs, otherwise do a thorough benchmark of your specific workload to determine which setting works better.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!