Shell errors when using name labels for nodes

Mar 16, 2024
I recently added Nginx Proxy Manager to rewrite some of the server name labels for my cluster. I had originally planned on using it for the "inside the bubble" workload servers/services but thought adding the hosts would be nice. And it was all fairly non-controversial to a point. The initial navigation to those hosts is fine. But, when I spawn a shell instance or try to run "Upgrade" I get errors like

Bash:
TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /nodes/spkez1 --perm Sys.Console -- /usr/bin/ssh -e none -o 'BatchMode=yes' -o 'HostKeyAlias=spkez1' -o 'UserKnownHostsFile=/etc/pve/nodes/spkez1/ssh_known_hosts' -o 'GlobalKnownHostsFile=none' -t root@10.0.0.101 -- /bin/login -f root' failed: exit code 1

SSH into the original IP from a terminal is fine. Also - if I go to the IPv4 in the browser and spawn a shell or upgrade from there it's *also* fine. But I feel like there's a piece of the puzzle missing in my own understanding in order for this to work as expected - so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks for the advice!

1722343350837.png
1722343279674.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!