[SOLVED] Sharing and LVM Vol On The Node with VM

jamest65

Apr 29, 2021
Hi All,

What's the best way to give a VM access to a 15TB LVM Volume?

I tried a virtio passthrough; it loaded the disk into the VM but wouldn't list any subdirectories from the top level directory inside my plex server. Any ideas would be appreciated. I was thinking maybe an sshfs link would be the fastest, but not sure how I can keep it local to the private network?

I can mount it to my desktop with no issues bit somehow applications like plex have a problem reading the index, which has me stumped as to how to handle it.

Anyone had this issue before? would appreciate any pointers.

After thinking about this I decided it was a permissions issue with regards to plex. after adding the plex user to my user group it fixed itself.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!