[SOLVED] shared folder ?

ibasaw

Jan 4, 2014
Hi,

i want to share a folder on the host for all my vm/ct

so i do a mount -o bind /folder/Src /guest/vm/folder

this is not working: on the guest i can see the files and folder on scp, but can't list files with ls ?!
(i browse folder with winscp it work; browse with ls in the gest ssh: don't work : wtf ????)

And apache in the guest don't see the folder or files ?!

What are your suggestions ?

++

Last edited:
There 2 ways i can think of:
#1 Create a Local Storage
From Datacenter > Storage > Add > Directory create a local storage say in /mnt/vm-guest. Then create a virtual drive in that folder then attach it to all your VMs. But i am not sure what will happen when multiple VMs accessing the same Virtual drive as i never tried it. This should work even if you put the virtual drive on a shared storage such as NFS or iSCSI.

#2 Attach a NFS share to all VMs
In this option just create a NFS share in shared storage or in Proxmox node and attach the share to all your VMs. But do not add the NFS share in Proxmox Cluster > Storage as it will be pointless.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: lxiosjao

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!