SG-1100 LAN Port Failure?

kwat

Apr 16, 2021
Hi all:

I am using an SG-1100 with the latest stable pfsense+ software release. I bought it in August of 2020. I have had no issues until recently when I suspect the LAN port is no longer working. I have multiple VLANs setup and can’t access the device through the web interface connected to the LAN port. Other systems cannot get IP addresses or ping pfsense through LAN port. My devices connected to the OPT port are working fine and can access the internet through WAN port and other wise function properly. This leads me to suspect the LAN port.

I’ve tried different network cables connected to the LAN port with no success. I’ve used the USB console before but don’t know what commands to run to test the LAN port once connected.

Lastly, if I did a factory reset would I go all the way back to the software from August 2020 or back to the more recently installed version without any of my configurations? I have a backup of my settings that I could restore if need be.

Can anyone suggest any other things I could try for either fault isolation OR to restore normal operation?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!